11 February 2015

incoherent

My mom used to quote her dad saying, "The hours before midnight count twice." Meaning that hours slept before midnight are more refreshing.

In my experience, not true.

I can't sleep deeply when I go to bed so early, and today I feel almost incoherent, even though I went to sleep at 9:15 last night and got up at 5:30 this morning.*

Tonight, I started getting ready to go to bed as soon as I got home. I put my sweet potato in the microwave for dinner and put the kettle on the stove to make tomorrow morning's chai. As soon as I was done with dinner, I got in the shower.

I'm about to turn off the light. It's 9:00.


* There is also a crud going around, but I refuse to get the crud, even if everyone around me has it. I just flatly refuse. I am taking elderberry syrup every day. Did you know that elderberry is an antiviral? Apparently it was a Native American remedy, and I am trying it for the first time. A bottle costs $12.99. Health doesn't come cheap.

No comments: