07 November 2014

[7] magic light

When I worked in an office full-time, I kept my happy light on my desk and turned it on whenever I was sitting there. Yes, in July when the sun was shining outside. Yes, at 10:00 at night. 

This year, I work from home some of the time. I work in an office some of the time. I work in another office some of the time. I was out of any office at the Major Work Event for three weeks. 

The happy light isn't happening. 

I finally brought it home from Office #1, and I am attempting to use it pursuant to the instructions, not every second of every day like I usually do. That is, in the morning, when my alarm goes off, I turn on the happy light. I lie there in its glow for nine minutes until the alarm goes off again. 

While I put in my contacts, it is to the light of the happy light. While I apply my various magic skin creams, it is with the happy light shining into my eyes. While I eat my breakfast, I am staring into the happy light. 

It's supposed to wake you up and set your circadian rhythm that way. It might be working. It's hard to tell. Give me until the end of November, and I'll let you know.

No comments: