07 August 2014

summer

This has felt like a weird summer. 

Maybe every summer feels weird once you are no longer in school, I don't know. There isn't the change in schedule that we grow up expecting to have. Life just goes on, warmer weather notwithstanding.

Sometimes I forget all-together that it is summer. I mean, I forgot about watermelon until my dad mentioned it the other day as a hydration technique. Summer was specifically designed for the eating of watermelon, and I just forgot about it? This is ridiculous.

Admittedly, the size of an average watermelon is such that trying to go through one on my own can be a little daunting. I have thrown out a great deal of festering watermelon over the last seven summers.

But I bought one a couple of days ago, and I have been gorging myself nightly. Summer is here.

That and the raspberries. Oh, the raspberries.

No comments: