17 November 2011

recovery

When everything unexpectedly calmed down, I came home at 1 pm and slept for three hours. (I had, after all, worked almost 18 hours yesterday. Guilt: there was none.)

I almost feel human again, as long as I don't think about the towering stack of things that I will face in the morning, that I ignored while I poured myself into getting ready for the two Major Work Events.

I went to fighting class still half asleep, and we did a lot of boxing. I began to regret having upgraded to 16 oz boxing gloves. Those suckers start to feel heavy.

Tomorrow I have to remember how to make jollof rice. I used to make it a lot my last year of law school, right after I came back from Liberia, but then I discovered that the fake sausage I put in it was giving me heartburn (this was simultaneous with the amoeba, too, which didn't help), so I gave it up. This means that it has been probably 4+ years since I have attempted jollof rice, and since jollof rice is pretty much experimentation, I maybe should have, uh, experimented before I committed myself to bringing it to a friend's potluck.

I have been way too busy in a manner incompatible with life.

No comments: