27 November 2010

[26] and, again

Once again, it is early the next day before I get here, or to bed. We went to my favorite Ethiopian restaurant tonight, but I was too full from Christmas cookie dough to do it justice. Still, it was delicious. I miss that, in Universe City. There is no Ethiopian restaurant there, and even if there was one, it very likely wouldn't be as good. Few places are.

Then we sat around at a pub playing hearts and telephone pictionary. I lost at hearts, dramatically, but it possibly would have been less dramatically if certain people had not cheated.

In the grocery store this morning, I caught a smell of candles, spicy ones all mixed together, and it was almost exactly the smell of the box that T. decorated to send with me to Rwanda. I kept all my precious little luxuries in there, including nice-smelling candles, and still, if I open that box at my parents' house, it smells exactly like that.

My friend S. posted a photo of my house in Rwanda online, and I commented how much I miss it. It seems abandoned, she said. We should buy it! And oh, I want to buy it. It's too bad I would be buying a house I could never afford to visit. It's kind of one or the other, right now. But I miss it.

No comments: