26 November 2010

[25] tardy

Does it count as the 25th if I am still awake for the sleep-wake-sleep cycle of the 25th? I am going to say yes, mostly because if I don't say yes I will likely give up on the rest of the month, and that would be sad. I was, frankly, having too much fun even to think about writing anything today, as I always do when I spend holidays with the K.s. The big event today was the Punkin Chunkin, which we watched between rounds of card games. I think A., my friend who I invited along to Gone West, was slightly horrified by the way we all raced over to the tv to watch the throwing of the pumpkins and then when a commercial started we all raced back to the table to get in one quick round of cards, and then we all raced back to the tv and told our scores to N. while glued to the next set of catapults throwing pumpkins across a field in Delaware. Weird, yes, but sometimes participating in the weirdness is the greater part of happiness.

No comments: