01 May 2007

well, that's done

I'm not done with law school (that pesky 35 page paper still remains, along with some random little tasks), but I took my last exam yesterday. Maybe my last exam ever.
Oh, who am I kidding? In a few years, school will once again start to look like a good idea. I'll forget how I couldn't sleep for the chronic stress, and I'll end up back in school for a year or two. I'll think I want to learn things again.
Right now I've had it with learning. I want to sleep, preferably on a beach. Everyone I see says, "You look so tired!" I can hardly tell them that I'm sleeping nine hours a night and I'm STILL this tired, can I?
Two years of vacation-less work in Rwanda and three years of law school makes five years since I had even a weekend in which there was really nothing I should have been doing. There has always been something buzzing around at the back of my mind that I should be doing.
Does that ever stop?

No comments: