27 April 2007

you have to be kidding

I got my hair cut the other day and after she cut my hair, the stylist reached for some product to put in it for the blowdrying. "NO!" I said, "I hate having product in my hair. It weighs it down and I have to wash it sooner. And every time I get my hair cut, I tell them no product and they put it in anyway. Please don't."

The stylist said, "I completely understand. No product."

A few minutes later, post-blow-dry, discussing some flyaways, she said, "You could just try something really light, like this one." (pouring product into her hand and rubbing it around) "It would work."

And then she swiped her product-filled hands through my hair.

They can never resist.

...
...
...

Then I went to the Apple store, where I fell in love with black and red headphones but ended up with boring white ones that don't quite fit into my ear, because of the $60 price difference. I tried to find a place to check out, but it turns out that now you can check out by credit card with any customer service person, wherever they are wandering through the store. They just slap a "Thank You" sticker on your purchased product and you get the receipt by email. Unbelievable.

No comments: