28 May 2007

blibbity

Word I never thought I'd use in a paper: bolstered. But yes, I just used it. As you can see, I have gotten over the "I just CAN'T write this paper" stage and started putting words down. I don't know if they make sense - I did just use the word bolstered - but words are appearing there.

***

I am not a water drinker. I don't carry a bottle around. I don't drink during the day and then, conveniently, I don't have to head to the bathroom. It's better for everyone.

However. (In college, when I was writing my big paper for my capstone course, my professor told me that however should only be used in the middle of a sentence, not at the beginning. I have abided by this rule ever since, largely because it does actually sound better when you read the sentence out loud in your head. However, this is a blog and I will do what I please, ignoring all grammatical rules. If you don't like it... well, I have no threat to give.)

Sometimes, though, I get thirsty in the evenings, for cold water with lots of ice. And lately I've been going jogging in the evenings. (I jog! I'm a jogger!) This makes me super extra thirsty. So I sit at this computer "writing my paper" and/or refreshing bloglines incessantly hoping that someone, anyone, even ME, has updated their blog, and I drink glass after glass of ice water.

Let's just say I'm not sleeping through the night anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i tell you that i adore your blog? wierd, i know, being that we don't actually know each other... but i dig your humor and i commiserate with you in the job search and i have an indescribable desire to live and work in liberia. so thank you for the entertainment and the enlightenment. and often the encouragement. i would love to pick your brain a bit about your time abroad? is that ok?