06 November 2015

truck

Whenever I start a new job, I end the first week feeling like I've been hit by a truck. It's all the new information coming at me, trying to settle into the corners of my brain.

I started a new job on Monday, and I started the long commute again. I'm getting up at 5:15 am, now, because I want to be a little early and the commute is a little longer (by one exit/three highway miles/two minutes per google) than the one I was doing earlier in the year.

I feel like I've been hit by two trucks.

Last night, I went to an event in downtown Gone West. I was a little late (thank you, traffic in this crazy city), and afterward my roommate, to whom I had offered a ride home, was chatting with someone, and I just stood there swaying.

When I got home tonight, I leaned over to put something in the recycling bag and almost tipped over.

So I made some hot chocolate and climbed into bed with my computer. 

The hot chocolate is gone now. I'm trying to summon the energy to go brush my teeth and all those necessary life tasks. 

And then I'm going to sleep for ages. Possibly ages and a half.

Needless to say, this is not going to be one of the NaBloPoMo posting-daily kind of Novembers.

No comments: