13 August 2015

placeholder

After careful consideration and experimentation, I have decided that watermelon is the perfect summer food, due to its hydrating properties. In fact, I think it may have evolved specifically to keep people alive during hot summers.

I have also learned not to eat too much watermelon late in the evening if I don't want to have to get up during the night.

...

My shoulder is still in bad shape. After lots of reading of the internets and general thinking, my current theory (after cycling through rotator cuff and pinched nerve in cervical spine) is that I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder, possibly because my shoulder was a lot stronger when I was doing martial arts, and the muscles have atrophied while the ligaments stayed longer. Now my shoulder has too much play, possibly.

(I made that all up.)

I am theoretically icing my shoulder and arm every day and taking a round of ibuprofen. In practice, what's happening is that I forget to ice or take ibuprofen until I wake up in pain in the middle of the night. 

I tried sleeping on my left side (the injury is on the right) but letting my right arm dangle like that was horrible for my pain level, so now I'm sleeping on my right side to hold the shoulder together.

It's not working.

I might need to put my arm in a sling to rest it. Sob.

...

In other news, there is no other news. 

No comments: