21 July 2015

shoulder, now

I... think I did something to my rotator cuff.

It started hurting when I zipped up my dresses. You know, when I reach back over my shoulder? I gradually started to realize that I can't turn my right arm in a full circle without pain. When I lift it out to the side so that my hand is straight up and my elbow is bent at a 90 degree angle, I really feel it. 

I thought it might be a frozen shoulder, but I seem to have full range of motion and then I read something about the rotator cuff and googled a picture of the rotator cuff and yep. That's it. 

I don't know how I could possibly have done something to my rotator cuff. I don't do much but type away at my computer these days. And sleep. And occasionally, I don't know, cook something.

Yesterday, before I read about the rotator cuff thing, I did a bunch of stretches and arm circles to unfreeze my allegedly frozen shoulder.

That was a mistake.

Today I can hardly move my arm. It just nearly fell off / seized up / something when I reached over to  turn on the lamp.

Possibly carrying that watermelon 10 blocks home was also a mistake. I carried it in my left arm, but I had to use my right to support it, and both of my arms are numb now.

I'm probably going to do exactly what I usually do for these types of things: wait and expect it to go away. So far pretty much everything has gone away like that. I do not look forward to the day when my body is old enough that it does not repair itself so well anymore.

I should go eat some vegetables.


No comments: