16 October 2013

breaks

I am sitting on my bed with my feet under the covers. My face is washed, my teeth are brushed, and my sinuses are rinsed. 

The week is more than half over, thank goodness.

I decided to take a sabbatical from martial arts this week. I didn't go today, either. Instead, I puttered. I cut up an apple and ate it with Justin's Maple Almond Butter while perusing the B0den catalog of things I cannot afford. I put pomegranate and pineapple in plastic containers to take to work. I set out my lunch for tomorrow. 

I need this. I need a few days of being able to come home and not rush off to somewhere else. 

I'm also taking a sabbatical from f@ceb00k. It will only last a day or two, but I realized that it has become something I check on my phone before I get out of bed (along with my email), and I'm wasting too much of my day on it. I don't have day to waste right now.

I need this. I need a few days of reading a book instead of trying to find more internet to distract me.

And I need at least one night of turning off the light at 9:29 pm, and really sleeping.

No comments: