16 August 2012

lovely hot

For the first time in five summers, State of Happiness is having a proper August. A proper August consists of weeks of 90 degree F weather, and we finally have one. 

I, for one (possibly the only one in this state), love it. Finally, finally we have weather that does not involve lugging a jacket to every single place I go. I am reveling in it. I will gladly take the intolerably warm car after it's been sitting for hours in the sun if it means that I don't have to be cold ever, at all. 

I hate being cold.

I love being able to get up, put on a dress, and march off to work. 

Oooh, ooh! The best part? Walking out of the air-conditioning into the blast of heat. 

This does not apply to my house, of course. J. and I cannot be bothered to pay for air-conditioning. Cold air costs money. Instead, we just open up some windows at night and I try to get up early enough to close everything up and keep things cool in here. This works, sometimes. It has so far kept it to a maximum indoor temperature of 87 degrees F, which is abysmal, really, when the high was 93 today. Six degrees is not exactly victory. Oh, well. We are never home, anyway.

I kind of want this weather to go on forever. (The appropriate response is: move to Liberia, where it will go on forever!)

No comments: