08 August 2012

extra

I know I've had a hard workout in fighting class when I drive home and then just sit in my car for a while, trying to summon the energy to get out of the car and go into the house. 

It took a while tonight. I may have even reached for my book. I don't remember.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to get out of bed in the morning.

Usually getting out of bed isn't the problem, actually. It's the stairs at work. I can drag myself up the stairs at home in anticipation of breakfast, but the stairs at work seem impossibly high the morning after a serious workout.

I made the mistake, two months ago, of mentioning to the fighting class instructor that I needed a good hard workout because I didn't have time to run a mile after class, and if I wasn't exhausted, I would have to do it. The entire class has been cursing my name ever since. Even I have been cursing my own name.

No comments: