23 March 2012

clueless

Last weekend, we went cross-country skiing again, this time on a slightly more non-beginner trail, and I was just fine on the uphill, but, well, it turns out that I am a failure at going downhill. My return trip was pretty much fall, stand up, ski, fall, stand up, ski, repeat ad infinitum. I have a bigger bruise from skiing than I have ever had from fighting class, which is saying something. I clearly need more practice.

I didn't go to fighting class at all this week. I thought I was being incredibly rebellious - Monday I chose to see a friend instead, Wednesday was the snow, and Thursday I was just too tired - but it turns out that fighting class was canceled on Wednesday and Thursday due to snow, so I wasn't rebellious, I was just clueless.

I have now spent 75 minutes intending to get up and do some situps or something, due to lack of exercise this week, but see above re. wow. Tired. Still. STILL. Isn't it almost April? Shouldn't the winter exhaustion be passing by now?

Except that spring lasts until July here, so it won't feel like summer until approximately, oh, never.

No comments: