10 February 2012

ugh

A while ago, I had a brilliant idea that the best way to prevent myself from eating the entire box of chocolates in one sitting every time I had a box of chocolates was to purchase my chocolate in the form of mint chocolate covered espresso beans from Trader Joe's.

Mint chocolate covered espresso beans are really delicious, especially the bigger ones with a higher chocolate to espresso bean ratio.

They also make me a little bit sick after I eat more than four of them, possibly because straight espresso beans are a little intense. This, I figured, was a natural way to prevent myself from eating the whole box. If you feel sick, you stop eating whatever is making you sick, right? This was my assumption.

I seriously underestimated the severity of my need for chocolate on a dreary February Friday at the end of a week of more demands than I could possibly meet.

No comments: