11 January 2012

pecs

I showed up late to my fighting class today, and frankly, I was glad I did. I still had plenty of time to get shaky in both my arms and legs from the crazy workout. Plus my shoulders still hurt from the guerrilla pushups we did on Monday.

Side Note One: I just looked muscles up online, and it was actually my pecs that hurt. Pecs. Do girls have pecs? The word pecs makes me squirm. Apparently everyone has those muscles, but it seems all wrong to speak of them on a woman. Just like when people talk about women having six-pack abs. There is nothing I want less in life than six-pack abs on myself, thank you very much.

Side Note Two: I don't actually know if these pushups are gorilla pushups or guerrilla pushups. Basically you have one hand on the ground down next to your side and one arm on the ground up in a normal pushup position or higher. They work your pecs (squirm), I have discovered. I discovered that from the lingering pain in that region.

It's kind of awkward as a girl to have sore pecs (squirm). What if you have a sudden pang in them and inadvertently reach up there?

Whatever. Guys rearrange their crotch (another squirm word) all the time.

And now, after even more gorilla/guerrilla pushups today, my pecs (squirm) hurt even more.

No comments: