11 December 2011

this is universe city

I went to the holiday market with a friend yesterday. It was full of locally made products to buy for friends and family. B. and I wandered around for an hour or two, looking at whatever caught our eyes.

I bought adorable presents for my nephew and niece, and at some point I went over to look at a rack of earrings.

The purveyor of the shop, after an exchange of pleasantries, said to B. and me, "I saw eternity once. It was amazing."

I just continued looking at the earrings, leaving B. to deal with the fallout from that comment. I think he said something like, "That must have been fascinating. How did that happen?" because then the woman started talking about the combination of (natural!) South American drugs that brought about her epiphany.

Her friend came over to her, put her arm around her, and said, "We're really glad she came back."

No comments: