09 November 2011

weirdnesses

I never flip that little lever on my rear-view mirror at night. I can't stand how it distorts things. Instead, I just deal with the glare. Somehow, moving my head feels better than moving the mirror.

Things that seem like a waste of time: showers, brushing teeth, peeing, cutting nails, basically every hygiene task. They are so tedious. Don't worry, I do them. I just get annoyed sometimes at how they never end. DIDN'T I ALREADY PEE TODAY? WHY MUST I DO IT AGAIN?

I brush my teeth in hot water. It seems strange, I know, but there is a reason: it makes the toothbrush bristles softer, and that feels better on my gums.

Twenty-one and a half years after my family left Liberia and moved to the US and got a telephone (what? Buchanan was not wired for telephones in 1990. or, say, now. or ever.), I still fear making and receiving calls, just a little. Again, I do it. I just don't like it, much.

No comments: