13 November 2011

ickety

You know what's really (not) awesome?

When you (I) wake up the Sunday before a week of two Major Work Events (Major = I have only had two of them since I moved to Universe City, and I have two more this week), with an earache and lopsided sore throat, and have to leave work (where I've been every day of this three day weekend) to make my first trip ever to Urgent Care just to make sure it is not strep throat.

(Spoiler: it isn't.)

(Additional spoiler: that doesn't mean I feel less icky.)

Is it weird that the doctor prescribed some sort of steroid to reduce the inflammation in my throat so I can make it through the week?

It seems weird to me. I haven't yet decided whether to fill the prescription. I suppose it depends on how icky I feel in the morning.

No comments: