12 November 2011

Webster

A couple of weeks ago, my coworker and I were talking about how handy it would be, sometimes, to have a portable way to look up laws.

Not 24 hours later, I found myself buying this:


His name is Webster. (Also, I need to work on my photography skillz.)

I am still a little surprised, myself, even though I had been thinking about it for a while, ever since I last went to the Mitten and faced the eternal dilemma: bring the heavy laptop, or be without internet access in a size big enough to actually respond to emails. Last time, I brought only my iPod touch, and trust me when I say that it was massively annoying, when I wanted to answer an email, to have only such a tiny screen. (And Winifred's battery life sucks. All my iPod touches - I have gone through three and spent an obnoxious amount of time in the Apple store in Gone West trying to get them fixed - have suffered from that failing.)

The beauty of Webster is that I actually use his calendar, because I can type on his screen. I send emails from him, ditto. Scrabble is big and easy to see. His speakers are good enough to play music. His battery lasts me almost a week.

But the best thing about Webster? Angry Birds in HD.

Yea, you know it. Worth every penny.

No comments: