05 November 2011

how to

How to stop or start a conversation instantly, depending on your crowd:

Ask, "If you had diarrhea in a place with no toilet paper, would you use your hand or your scarf to wipe it?"

That is a slight paraphrase, but I think it says something about the people I hang out with that this topic started a conversation rather than shut it down.

I also think I fell asleep during the concert.

It had been a long week, but that concert nap revived me just enough that I stayed out until 12:45 am. I don't remember when I last stayed out until 12:45 am (unless I did on my birthday?), and I probably wouldn't have believed it was possible in this town, but there we were, in the lounge section of a restaurant-turned-dance-club, watching girls dressed in short skirts and tight tops dance with guys in sweatpants and flannel.

My answer, by the way, is that I would use my hand. You never know whether the scarf would ever come clean again, but skin is pretty washable.

No comments: