29 November 2011

blech

Let's use our imaginations.

Imagine that I am a gigantic horseshoe magnet. You know the kind: you played with it when you were a kid. You stuck things to it, and used it to pick up things.

Now imagine that you have a pile of little metal shavings. Remember how they stick to the magnet and lift right off the ground?

That is EVERY COLD VIRUS IN THE WESTERN UNITED STATES. Drawn to me. Attracted to me. STICKING TO ME.

My friend D. and I were talking online last night, and I wondered about getting another strep test. My throat has hurt so badly since the weekend that I wanted to reach my fingers down there and scratch it. I hear that doesn't go so well, though, and I seriously doubt that adding stomach acid to my throat would improve it. (Ew.)

And then I woke up in the middle of the night with my nose stuffed full of phlegm (you are welcome).

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The winner is yet another cold. They love me.

No comments: