23 June 2011

over and over... (fill in the blank)

I have stayed up too late every single day this week. This is probably why the fact that the closest coffee place made my tea too weak AGAIN made me so mad I could have cried. (This silly place believes that having expensive tea is a substitute for putting enough tea leaves in your cup to give it flavor. I vowed never to get tea there again, but it was close, and my throat hurt... bah.)

Fortunately, I did not take my exhaustion out on any people. I just fumed about the tea all the walk back to the office, and then drank my too-weak tea while dealing perfectly nicely with actual people. Go me.

And now I'm up too late again, for the same reason as Tuesday night and last night: too much kung fu. I am furiously determined to learn the entire 72-stance form by next week, and this meant staying an extra hour and 10 minutes after advanced fighting class today, getting patient lessons from a classmate, and then I came home and did it for another hour. The good news is that I finally got it right, here at home, and did it right at least half a dozen times in the little space of our living room. (My roommate, sitting on the couch, kept worrying that I would hit my foot on the coffee table, but I kept my kicks short, and all was well.)

I think I have earned my bed, tonight.

But man, I have a lot left to do this week.

(The title of this post would make sense if you were in my fighting or kung fu classes, where the instructor constantly says, "Over and over... that's how we learn," until I'm not sure I know any other way to follow up on that phrase.)

1 comment:

hapi said...

Hi Marie, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!