23 December 2010

chronic delays

I was going to try to leave earlier in the day, but I had to do [work task] at [place] (WHAT GOOD IS HAVING AN INTERESTING JOB IF YOU CANNOT TALK ABOUT THE MOST INTERESTING PARTS OF IT?), and so I was stuck in Universe City until 2:30 pm, and then I needed to deal with a [work task] that needed an interpreter who was only available at 2:30 pm, and so I was stuck in Universe City until 3:30 pm, and then I had about 100 phone calls to return (not all of them got returned, by the way; it was an impossibility), and so I was stuck in Universe City until 5:00 pm, and then I realized that I had forgotten some things at home, and so I was stuck in Universe City until 6:00 pm, and then I spent 35 minutes searching my entire house for my old iPod to bring to my sister, and so now it is 6:55 pm and I still have to load up the car and get fuel and check the pressure in my tires and go back to work to print my boarding pass and drive two hours to Gone West.

My flight tomorrow morning is at 5:45 am.

1 comment:

Akhila said...

Hi there... Just wanted to leave a note as I randomly found your blog, and read through some of your posts from Southern Sudan. I find your journeys fascinating though I have no idea who you are, and find that I'm very interested in similar things (law, international human rights/development) and am very interested in learning more about what you do right now. Sounds like some sort of public interest law, which again, is my interest. In any case, just wanted to leave a note saying I find your blog interesting... happy holidays!