26 June 2009

tiresome

When I come home from work, I basically cast myself upon the couch and do not move for an hour or two. I have just seriously no idea what I'm going to do when I have a job that requires lawyer hours. I mean, really. Even the 8-5 thing wears me down. And real lawyers? They work many more hours than that. When it's time to move on, I may have to just give up the whole lawyer thing, cast it up into the blowing wind and see where things land.

...

I rode my bike to work again today, which I do like very much better than riding the bus. There is no waiting for the bus, no guessing whether the bus or the train will come first and then missing the other, no stop-start-stop-getting-motion-sick. I just ride my little bike along the water, upright in the refreshing morning breeze. By the time I get to work, I am actually awake. Which is good, because I can stay awake, and bad, because I'm chattering maniacally about nothing. It's probably better for the rest of the world if I stay half-comatose all day long.

No comments: