30 March 2009

standards

We were talking about international job options, and I began to think of my criteria for places I'd be willing to work.

  1. No places where I am actively shot at/bombed on a regular basis.
  2. No places where my home base does not have cell/mobile phone coverage, meaning no place that requires a Thuraya, except out on trips to remote areas. Any phone that requires one to stand out in the elements so the phone can see the satellite is completely ridiculous. I refuse to live in a place that remote. (I can't even say "another place that remote" because Tiny Little Town in Southern Sudan now has mobile coverage. But it did not when I was there.)
...

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole list. Desperate (economic) times call for desperate measures.

About that job in Afghanistan...

No comments: