14 June 2008

hate/love

I'm sort of starting to hate the internet. More specifically, blogs. I turn on my computer and suddenly five hours have passed and I have a blazing headache and I haven't even checked my email yet. I might just have to turn off the blogs. So far I've been avoiding the whole thing by just not turning my computer on, which works too but starts to annoy people who have sent me emails. There has to be some middle ground, but blogs are this cycle of addiction that just will not let up. If the computer is on, I'm reading them. Help.

On the other hand, something that is making me very happy right now: short-sleeved sweatshirts. I'm sure I am about six years too old for them, but they make me so extremely happy. I am that person who is always, always cold. What could be better than a short-sleeved shirt that is also warm? This is a most brilliant invention. Someone should have thought of it fifteen years ago. (Side note: I was wearing my new short-sleeved sweatshirt while shopping sale racks for work clothes, and I asked the sales girl, who was younger than me, thus the girl-part, if I was too old for them. She said, "I hate it when people think things are too young for them! It's casual and you look cute." So there.)

Also, beautiful weather. Blue sky, finally, and warm. I love blue sky. When I used to work at a respite program for kids, we each said a thanks before meals and it was essentially guaranteed that if it was sunny, I would be thankful for that. This one girl, who I think was 11 or 12 at the time, got to the point where she would say, "The sky is blue today, M! Are you thankful?"

No comments: