08 August 2007

squirmy

I'm stuck in a coffee shop. I came here because I wanted to update some software on my computer and I don't trust the internet connection at home to be consistent. Internet that flickers in and out is fine for emails and chatting, but not for large file downloads. So I came to a coffee shop, where my computer is going on with things interminably. It's actually now scanning my external hard drive for viruses, of which there are literally hundreds, due to the computer crises of last summer, the ones involving the belief that Liberia killed my computer (actually a cracked motherboard), followed by reinstalling everything with whatever cds were available, followed by infestation with over seven hundred viruses, followed by trying to back everything up to the external hard drive, followed by finally getting real antivirus protection for the computer, followed by forgetting to clean the external hard drive. Sigh. (One of those viruses was particularly vicious, by the way. It made my computer shut down whenever I tried to download something. Conveniently, then, I couldn't download anti-virus software. I had to get a cd.)

When I came in here, I wanted coffee, but then I saw a picture of a mint chocolate chip frozen thing, so I got that. And I drank it all immediately.

Then I felt sick. That feeling is finally going away, two hours later. But the antivirus scan is still a-running, and I'm getting all squirmy in my seat. Sitting for too long. SQUIRMY.

No comments: