12 August 2007

photos

I managed to finagle a new camera out of my parents for my birthday, which is in seven weeks, which is exactly in the middle of the time I'm spending in the middle of nowhere, so it works. I won't be around to receive anything later. (I make them sound reluctant. They were not, of course. They are my parents! They LOVE giving me birthday presents.)

I love my old camera (a Canon Powershot G2 that I bought before Rwanda), but it is (gasP) only 4 megapixels. And it's so big that I can't fit it in my purse or pocket. I just never carry it with me and I end up with no pictures. (The great thing about it, though, is the swivel screen, which you can flip out and turn backwards to see yourself in the screen.)

So all spring, I stalked cameras and when one of the stalked models went on clearance a few weeks ago, I snapped it up. Okay, my parents snapped it up for me and I snapped up the memory card (huge) and the warranty. And I've fallen in love all over again. I carry it everywhere. It fits in my purse and it weighs barely anything, so why not?

I've gone a bit picture happy:


Yes, that is the mall. What's your point?

No comments: