02 August 2007

one more day in... well.

Impatient.

Impatient.

Impatient.

...

Otherwise, things are just dandy. My mom and I went with my two grandmothers (known respectively as Grandma and Oma - the Dutch word - here to be abbreviated to G and O, because I am just that lazy) to the mall. We've already established that, for the sake of her feet, my mom rides in the little cart, which at the mall is called an AMIGO. She likes the amigo better than the grocery store cart, because it: 1. goes faster, 2. has speeds other than "stopped" and "full speed," 3. has a very tight turning radius. O also needed an amigo, so we slapped down our deposits on the only two the mall has, and raced off to tear things up. G and I walked, but at one store, when my mom and O were looking at, I don't know, pants? shirts? dresses? I sat on one of the amigos, flipped up the armrests, and made G squeeze onto it with me. I was mostly off the seat, so I had to reach around her and hang on to the amigo with my right hand. We went careening off amongst the displays, with my slightly uncoordinated left hand not quite maneuvering correctly. Also, we were hanging off the seat on both sides, so the whole contraption was a little wider than normal and I kept jabbing my hip with the corners of display tables.

Then we had lunch and capped it off by sharing four ways a mint mud.slide milkshake from the big yellow rounded M fast food place. Dee-lush-us.

...

On a little, clear, oblong lake in the next county, my dad dropped the anchor on the boat just short of the lily pads, and my mom in her clothes and I in my swimsuit slipped off the back end of the boat into the warm water. "It's weird to swim in a t-shirt," she said, "because it twists around you in a way you don't expect." (I would have thought it would be the jean shorts that seemed weird.) She floated and I treaded water, and when we got back to the boat launch, there was a lovely red setter trying to swim away from his owner.

No comments: