21 July 2007

delicious

My mom has a wee little garden on the side of our house. She waters it every day, but the neighbor's sprinkler also conveniently waters it, so it's been growing like mad. Recently there have been some harvests from it - some tomatoes, and a dozen or so green beans every day or two. I happen to like green beans, especially raw, as do the other two people living in this house.

There seems to have been a green bean harvest today, and, um... well. My mom probably won't notice that all the beans she picked are gone, will she?

-------------------------------

Addendum:

A while after I wrote this, my mom got up from her nap and went outside to water the flowers. I joined her out there and said, "Um. I have a small confession to make. I ate all the green beans that were on the counter."

"Good." she said. "I have a small confession to make, too."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I ate all the rest of the cookies."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent the day reading HP7 too! You know what part made me just BAWL? Neville. And his grandma. I went to a midnight party Friday to get my copy- in the store we did a countdown as the clock approached 12. The dorkiness was worth it.
Missy