02 April 2007

still thinking about it

I love the name DOOM for a bug spray. By comparison, Raid is so boring. "I went on a raid but all I got back from the cockroaches was this little piece of bread." When you have a giant bug, you really want DOOM. It's me or the palm-sized Liberian spiders. Only one of us can live.

(Did I mention that a large part of the spider problem was my fault? When I packed for Liberia last summer, my suitcase wasn't quite full, so I filled it up with crumpled newspaper to prevent so much clattering about in there. When I got to Liberia, I tossed all the crumpled newspaper into a corner. That's like building a nest and begging the spiders to move into it.)

So I was doing some last minute re-checking on my paper last night? Turns out that there is a bunch of new UN-like stuff related to the topic. As recently as Friday, which seems unfair. Now my brain is clogged by it all and I can't seem to finish the paper.

I babysat today and put baby T in the front carrier to walk along the Brooklyn Promenade. He fell asleep and I sat taking in the sunshine, looking out over the river and listening to the kids shouting on the playground. I love warm weather.

No comments: