10 April 2007

i love angry music

Or maybe I really mean defiant. I was a (fairly) good kid, at least as far as I remember. My parents may have a different opinion. But I always wanted to be the bad one. I'm still a (fairly) good kid, enough that I don't have to regret anything about who I am. I mean, I'm a lawyer. How conventional is that? (Okay, not that conventional for me, because no one but no one around me growing up was a lawyer. But lawyers do things like make law, which is really conventional.)

"I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4-wheel drive..."

I generally save my anger for things like injustice or those MASSIVELY ANNOYING SLOW PEOPLE WALKING THREE ACROSS on the New York sidewalk. But although I may be boring much of the time, I still love defiant music. Just so you know, that's all in me somewhere. Just wait until I find the right outlet. The world won't know what hit it.

----------------------------------------

You want to know why it's much more interesting to live in Africa? Things don't go so monotonously smoothly all the time. And it doesn't annoy anyone. Car broken down on the side of the road for four hours? Bank doesn't have computers? Bus overfilled? Talk. Wait. Put the baby on someone else's lap so you can hang out the door. Just saying.

1 comment:

traci said...

um, so i'm just realizing that my damn bloglines hasn't been grabbing this feed. bastards. i have lots of catching up to do. this is the 23rd, and i'm reading all the way back to here! jeez. sorry for using the word bastards on your blog. it's true though. xo

ps -- i have some new "defiant" music you might not have yet...