21 April 2007

boring

The truth, people? I'm bored. I have nothing left to say here because it's just more of the same. I've done this before: spring comes, which is nice, but so do exams, which are not nice. There are only so many semesters you can document the number of exams and papers left before you get bored even with yourself.

I'm too busy to notice the funny things going on around me (with the possible exception of the poor, poor confused tourists, but enough fun is made of them on overheardinnewyork). I've perfected the art of stealing time from one project to supply another, but nothing gets all it deserves.

And every once in a while, I just randomly shout out "JOB!" and S has to say, "You'll get one. Just channel your job anxiety into applying. Every time you worry about getting a job, apply for one." Which is good advice, but most of the time I don't have time to apply for jobs. I did consider getting up and applying for some this Saturday morning at 4:58 a.m. when I couldn't sleep for worrying about everything. But then eventually I fell back asleep, after some deliberate deep breathing and attempts not to think about anything because every possible topic is fraught. Fraught, I tell you. "JOB!"

Quasi-internship has turned into the quasi-internship that never ends. And all I've learned from it is that I don't want to spend my life in an office in New York writing about things that happen in the rest of the world but never actually doing anything about them. I think I might have known that before, so learning it wasn't that valuable.

BUT! Presumably I will actually get a job, eventually. And then, the excitement will be right here. Don't look away, all zero of you. (I checked. I have two subscribers on bloglines. One of them is me. The other is T. Heh. I can write whatever nonsense I want here.)

No comments: