20 March 2007

tidbits

  1. I just came back from a meeting with the people who decide if you can graduate. Apparently they are going to let me. They let just about anyone graduate from law school these days, it seems. Even me! I changed the sign on the lady's door (one of those feelings face signs) to "hopeful." Then I left and fell up some stairs and landed on my wrist in exactly the position to cause it great pain in the same ligament as was surgeried last year. That will teach me to be hopeful. (Although secretly I still am.)
  2. On the train on the way to school this morning, a man was ranting about how "You need a real man! You think you can just look at me funny when I look at you? You see men on TV and you think we are all like that! You stereotype us! You need to stop listening to your friends and the media and be a real woman with a real man! You think we are all abusers because one man was? You need a real man like me!" I didn't even know who he was ranting at (it started before I got on), but I was so so so so tempted to say, "Actually, she, and all of us, have plenty of RAVING LUNATICS on the subway. We don't need any more." But raving lunatics on the subway can be dangerous, so I stayed quiet and ignored him, as we all did.
  3. A job! So ready to get a real job. Being in law school is somewhat infantilizing - they usher you from place to place and send you mean emails about meetings you MUST MANDATORILY attend. Then again, it's a scary sign of being grown up when you find yourself musing, about potential jobs, "Oh, and health insurance. That would be so great." This is what I've become: a boring adult whose goal is a job with health insurance. Albeit a job with health insurance in Africa. That's not boring.
  4. Too many Allcaps. Sorry.

No comments: