13 January 2007

where i am

I have a deep writer’s block right now. It isn’t that I have nothing to say but that I have nothing to say to the public at large. I feel like I need to be more protective of myself right now, so I can’t say anything of meaning.

But I am still here, still in New York, walking to school because I can’t afford a subway card, reading my textbooks in the library, haunting the atm at the bank to see if my loan money has arrived yet (the school promises it will be there… next Wednesday. We'll see if I can make it that long). I’m re-reading Third Culture Kids and seeing different things in it this time than I did five years ago. I’m procrastinating doing the reading for the human rights project I’m assigned to for the semester. I’m worrying about where I will be in six months. You know, the usual.

Thinking a lot. Mostly not happy-skippy-bloggy thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sending hugs and warm thoughts to you, pal. (I just mistyped "pal" as "pla" and got a HUGE wave of dejavu- that was a thing in our emails during the Rwanda years, right?) At any rate, I hope things look up soon.