- You actually can live on cream crackers and spreadable cheese (Laughing Cow is the best).
- Lebanese bread molds after a day or two. Also cheese molds, even if it is in the fridge.
- Il Gelato has amazing gelato and amazing pasta (although the pasta is only good when warm).
- Both the Royal and Plaza Pizzeria have great pizza.
- The fridge and freezer take on a funny smell when they are only on for half the hours in the day.
- Diana's has the best falafel, but other places will do when you are so hungry that you are about to eat the table.
- You can only eat oatmeal so many mornings in a row before it makes you gag.
- The eggs are funny (something to do with being imported - old - from India because all the Liberian commercial egg-laying chickens were killed off when avian flu arrived). Don't bother with omelettes or pancakes unless you are willing to deal with them tasting like old metal about half the time.
- Liberian food is very tasty, but if you don't eat meat, you will get hungry again in two hours.
But anyway. Now I am in New York and overwhelmed with the options. I want to have cupcakes and ice cream and hummus and naan and crepes and frozen coffee drinks and bagels and everything all at once. I'm trying to go slowly. I'm still overly excited right now about baby carrots and Sabra hummus. I'm also overly excited about breakfast cereal with good milk. Like I'm eating the hummus and the cereal three meals a day. I'm sure that will, erm, settle itself soon.