02 March 2006

no pants

A concept which is even funnier when, like me, you have spent so much time with people who are either British or from former British colonies that you carefully avoid use of the word pants in certain company.

This morning when I walked to babysitting it was snowing just a bit, a lovely romantic snow in the relatively warm air. Beautiful. When I brought the kiddos to school, it was rain-snowing and I ended up soaked through and cold for hours. I had to go back to school this evening for some stuff and I was all bundled up and not so cold, but on the way home I vowed to wear only jeans from now on, because with black pants/trousers on I might as well have had no pants on. No pants! Fortunately, no one but me could tell that I felt like I had no pants on.

No comments: