14 December 2005

a slow and painful death

I am working on my evidence final. Let's put it this way: the words on the screen are all blurred together. I can't think. As I said to a friend of mine, "You know how we were so bored all semester that we wanted to run screaming from the room? I want to run screaming from this room where I'm sitting alone, writing my exam." We aren't allowed to talk about the exam, but I don't think "It's just as boring as class ever was." is giving anything away. So bored. So tired. Will this semester never be over?

I have a bed, somewhere in this city, and I wish I was in it. Or anywhere but staring at my screen for the 12th hour in a row, still getting nothing done.

triorekfdncvlkagoiwetjh;dfnjwetoihdfndfkhwetuygag,fgl.

That's what my evidence final looks like to me. That's what my evidence notes look like to me. All those words! Where did they come from? Do they have any meaning? I think I'm basing my answers mainly on the one season of Law & Order that I watched faithfully when I lived on Burton Street in the cute little apartment with the green carpet in the living room where in the morning I would flop down on the floor in front of the radio to turn it off so I could leave for school and then getting up was the hardest thing imaginable.

There is carpet in this room. I could lie down...

And there are three more finals after this. Why did I come to law school? And once I was here, why did I not listen to the people who told me to balance my exams and papers so I wouldn't have too many of either one? Why?

PS. I really meant it. Yeah, you know what I mean.

No comments: