10 September 2015

cooking

After completing a job application today, I rewarded myself with a trip out to the garden to pick the ripe sungold cherry tomatoes. Then I roasted them and ate all of them, one at a time, as they arrived at the point of being roasted to perfection. It was pure summer in a pan.

Now I have roasted garlic cloves left over. They are going in my usual lentils and rice mixture tomorrow.

It isn't so much that I forget how satisfying it is to cook. It's just that life hasn't left much time for it these last two years, ever since I left Universe City. 

Do you know what I bring to potlucks now? 

A bag of Chicago-style cheddar and caramel popcorn. 

That, my friends, is a true indicator of my stress level. I used to make elaborate dishes. On the other hand, it's easy and people seem to love it, and many people do not seem to appreciate the amount of effort that goes into actually cooking or baking things.


No comments: