22 February 2015

lists

Things that three single women talk about while walking along the water in the sunshine, in approximate order (it's not just what you think):

Shoes
Spending money
Work
Managing people
Food
Running
Hiking
Photography
Portraiture
The kind of yoga/running pants that have a skirt attached
Bicycling
How long a pair of running shoes lasts
Traveling
Hotel rooms
Religion
Breakups
Friendship
Dancing
Program managing a social life
Whether it's safe for two women (them) to let the third (me) go back to my car alone past all the homeless people camped under the bridge (I said it was, and I went).

...

Things that two old friends (man/woman) talk about when they are in the same town, in approximate order:

Sunshine
Hiking
Buying a house
Whether rooibos chai is good with milk
Why one person is making herself two cups of tea at once (one was for drinking cold tomorrow morning)
Chocolate
The filth of the kitchen (I didn't clean)
People we know who've had babies recently
What mutual friends are doing
Dating and its ups and downs
Theories of life and love
Feng shui

Then we started moving things around in my apartment to improve the feng shui. Now I'm obsessed and, four hours later, I still want to keep arranging things rather than go to bed.

No comments: