28 July 2014

outdoors

I have a four popsicle a day limit. I have to draw the line somewhere.

It's just that I get so thirsty here in the summer.

I just compared the humidity in my hometown in the Mitten with the humidity in Gone West. 

Mitten: 93%
Gone West: 57%

(For reference, Monrovia, Liberia: 94%.)

So all the water in my body is being sucked out by the lack of humidity, basically. I would be happiest being much closer to an equilibrium between the water in my body and the water outside. 

...

I was wearing a skirt today that is sort of peach and cream. Orange and cream? It has a slightly shiny finish. I like it.

As I was walking toward a building for a meeting, a bee landed on my skirt. I ignored it, hoping it would go away. Instead, it crawled over the bottom hem of my skirt and started up the underside.

I was not going to keep walking with a bee up my skirt, so I stopped and turned the hem inside out to try to remove the bee without getting stung.

"That's a very pretty skirt," a woman said, walking by.

"Thanks," I said. "I'm having trouble convincing this bee that the skirt isn't a flower."

The bee finally crawled onto my hand, and I blew on it, hard, and it flew away.


No comments: