31 December 2013

bleak

I feel like I should be blogging up a storm here in the Mitten. After all, I'm moving here, right? There is so much to figure out!

Deciding to move here may have been the biggest mistake of my life. 

I am not like this place, and it is not like me.

For the last year, I kept busy when I came to the Mitten. This holiday time I do not have the networking meetings or the one single friend I had made, and so I am facing the utter loneliness of living here head on. It is bleak.

The only thing I want to do is flee back to Gone West.

How can I possibly live here?

And yet, the pace that I have been keeping in Gone West is not sustainable, either. I don't have time to exercise, or to eat healthy food, or to be a sane person.

There is no good answer. There is bad, and there is bad. 

I keep wondering if I can un-quit my job, keep my room, cancel it all. I keep wondering if I should. 


No comments: