24 January 2013

crunch

I decided this morning to start doing 100 crunches a day. 

For fun, obviously. As one does. 

And to see if crunches alone, even a variety of crunches as I fully intend to do because repetition is boring, can actually make any difference in ab definition. 

It's January. It still gets dark early. I have to find some way to pass the time.

I had 60 crunches in when I went to advanced fighting class, and by one time around the workout circuit the instructor designed, I had 100 in plus 16 with an exercise ball.

I realized my mistake when the instructor then added a whole bunch of bicycle crunches to the next time around the circuit.

96 bicycle crunches and 16 exercise ball crunches later, I am going to have difficulty sitting up tomorrow. 

Which is fine. The importance of sitting up is vastly over-estimated in life. 

Maybe I'll move up to 200 crunches a day.

It's been over a month since I worked out on a regular basis (thank you Christmas, also sinus infection), and I am back at that awesome place where you can feel muscles you forgot you had: forearm muscles, for example. My forearms hurt.

I really do love my fighting class.

No comments: