03 December 2012

Lancet

You know those moments when you just have to shake your head and think, "I have the weirdest family ever."? I just had one.

I opened a bottle of vitamin B complex vitamins to take one before I went to bed, and as I shook out a tablet, I noticed that there was something else in the bottle.

A little keep-dry capsule, maybe?

Oh, no. Not in this house. It was a opened (i.e. needle exposed) blood lancet that my dad uses to poke a hole in his finger to test his blood sugar.

How did it get in there?

I have zero idea.

That isn't the weirdest part, though. The weirdest part is that when I reopened the bottle to try to fish it out, the lancet had fallen deeper into the crowd of vitamins, so I shrugged and closed the container. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: