15 July 2012

delights

A couple of little delights have shown up in my mailbox recently. (And trust me, if ever I needed little delights showing up unexpectedly, now is the time.) 

Delight the first: my Aunt Lisa sent me a card and some dangly earrings. I love dangly earrings. They are sort of my thing. And so to open a card and see dangly earrings picked out by my lovely Aunt Lisa (everyone should have an Aunt Lisa) made me very, very happy.

Delight the second: my sister, knowing that I have been experiencing heartache, sent me a gift certificate for - I am not kidding - an hour long massage. I'll tell you what will cheer a person right up: a massage. So much so that I don't even want to use it. I want to keep the gift certificate indefinitely so that I can keep looking forward to it. (I also really, really want to get the massage. Soon. Although I am a little worried that I won't be able to stop at one massage, that I will become addicted. That is an expensive addiction.)

And so I plug on through, keeping my delights close at hand, because I need them.

No comments: