12 May 2012

stick fighting

Last night I slept for almost 12 hours, which I'm not sure I knew was possible for me anymore, outside of illness or travel. 

I used to do that all the time in high school, but if I recall correctly, that was much more intentional. I would wake up and remember that I didn't have to get up, and doze for a while longer. 

Last night I dropped into sleep like a stone and stayed there. I am going to blame the non-allergy inflammation that has been making me want to give up and surrender these last few days. 

Also, I appear to have taken up an additional martial art. By accident. (That totally happens, by the way. People pick up additional martial arts by accident all the time.)

Anyway, my new martial art is kali. Just give me a stick. I will whack you.

Supposedly even little kids learn this stuff in the Philippines, but I can tell you that I have never seen another woman taking the class here. 

When has that ever stopped me, though?

No comments: