10 March 2012

no room for improvement

I had my annual physical yesterday, which was fine. A little blood work, a little "deep breath," and a little chatting with the doctor.

At the end, they gave me a printout about my visit. It had my medications on it, and the doctor's advices. I scanned it and then stopped.

In the middle of the page, there were values and then ranges of average values. Heart rate, blood pressure, weight, etc. All of them were things that one can change. Not easily, but with exercise and/or diet, they can theoretically be changed a little. One can aim for improvement, up or down. Changing them might affect one's health.

Except one, and that was the only one on which I was abnormal.

Apparently I am abnormally tall.

Thanks for telling me, I guess. Except that there isn't much I can do about it, so why bother? It will not improve my health for me to cut off the top of my head or the bottom of my feet, and that is about the only way I am going to make it into the average range on that one.

No comments: